Catholic education must provide for each student the opportunity to develop a sense of concern and responsibility regarding the needs and problems of the community in which he/she lives. That is why Community Service is a big part of life at Vincent Memorial.
Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors are required to participate in special social action projects such as, aid to the most in need and then make a portfolio that includes evidence (pictures) and a reflection addressing the following questions:
- What was your Christian service project?
- What did you learn from your experience?
- How does your project connect to the Catholic Social Teachings of the Church?
Seniors are required to do 40 hours of Christian Service to aid the most in need and then make a portfolio that includes evidence (pictures), a reflection and a PowerPoint presentation.
- Description of the meaning of service throughout VMCHS years:
- What was your experience of Christian Community Service throughout the years at VMCHS?
- Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior and Senior.
Include the ESLR’s in your paragraphs.
- ESLR I Faith
- ESLR II Academics
- ESLR III Service
- All students are required to complete all forms, reports and evaluations and must turn them in on or before the scheduled due date.