Vincent Memorial Catholic was originally opened as an all-girl, Our Lady of Guadalupe Academy in 1949. Thanks to the vision and dedication of Father Jean B. Vincent, pastor of Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in Calexico and the community of Sister Servants of the Blessed Sacrament, who worked at the parochial school since 1926, and after many fundraising activities and development efforts, land was purchased for what is now Vincent Memorial Catholic High School. The name was changed from Our Lady of Guadalupe Academy to Jean B. Vincent Memorial High School when the school moved to its present location in 1966. The school had its first graduating class in 1967 under the administration of the Sister Servants of the Blessed Sacrament, who continue to serve in this school community. In the spring of 2002 Bishop Robert H. Brom allowed Vincent Memorial to add the word Catholic to its name in an effort to be known as a Catholic institution; hence the school name changed to Vincent Memorial Catholic High School (VMCHS).
More than 2,000 fine men and women have graduated from Vincent Memorial Catholic since it opened in its current location in 1966. The overwhelming majority go on to higher education and many of them have made a difference in both the United States and Mexico – a strong statement to the dedication of a richly experienced faculty and the commitment of parents whose priorities lie in the future of their children.
SCHOOL NAMEVincent Memorial Catholic High School The school is named in honor of Father Jean B. Vincent.
MOTTOBenedictus Deus / Blessed be God
COLORSBlue, Gold and White